Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Customer Review: Stark 19 Gas Blowback Pistol


 HSA is lucky to have fantastic customers that write up reviews of our products. Check out this in depth review of the Stark Arms S19 gas blowback pistol.




The S19 is an airsoft version of the Glock model 19 9mm (also of the Glock model 23 .40 caliber)

I tested my new Stark Arms S19, arrived today from HSA (Thanks guys!)
To purchase any of the Stark Arms models from HSA, you must buy the frame and slide separately. Each cost me $65.00, for a total of $130 before shipping/sales tax.

Initial examination showed a 1:1 replica of the real steel Glock 19, dimensionally almost exact. The S19 fit my existing G19 holsters with no difficulty, and the magazine that I received with the gun fit my kydex magazine holder with no problem as well. The S19 has no trademarks, instead carrying the logo on the lower portion of the grip. I was not expecting any trademarks, so this was not bothersome to me. The S19 comes with a plastic outer barrel with the requisite orange tip, as well as a full metal replacement outer barrel, with no orange tip. The metal barrel went immediately into the S19. The plastic barrel will no doubt end up in my parts bin until such time as I do a housecleaning and discard it.


Finish is a deep satin black, very similar to the Tenifer/Tenifer style finish on a real G19. MUCH less glossy than the KJW. The slide is full metal, springs are tight and the gun had a very authoritative snap when I ran the slide.


Takedown is similar to the real G19, but not identical. On the real G19, it is not necessary to completely run the slide to disassemble the gun. On the S19, that is necessary. It took me a moment of frustration for me to actually consult the manual to learn this.

My S19 chrono'd at ~300-315 using .20 gram BBs. Accuracy and consistency of groups was good, approximately 3 inches at 5 meters, a couple of flyers that were probably my fault. No technical problems at all. Sights seemed fine, a copy of the standard G19 3 dot sight.



S19 magazine compatibility:

Obviously, it feeds fine from the Stark Arms G17/G18 standard and extended length magazines. The G17 magazine, like the real steel, protrudes from the G19 handgrip around 1 inch.

The Stark Arms S19 also fed perfectly using a WE G17 magazine, and a HFC G17/Darkhawk magazine.

General notes:
As an added bonus, and I did not know this when I purchased the gun, the Stark Arms S19 has a select fire capability. If you remove the slide from the S19, there is an internal selector switch, which, when toggled, allows the S19 to fire in a fully automatic mode. You can not switch the selector without removing the slide, however.

If you can find one, it is highly recommended. HSA currently is sold out of the G19, but they do have its larger brother, the S17. I have a S18 and a S19, based on the performance of both of those, I would recommend the S17 as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment